Friday, March 11, 2016

The First Footprint Recorded: The Turning Point

So, I have reached the point where I'm just few steps away from being an adult. It took me by surprise because it came sooner than what I have expected. Way sooner...

Just last week I could still see myself as this person who has those silly problems with her friends, family, love (just a little bit of it) and herself. Now, another was listed together with those. It's career.

Career. I never really thought I'd encounter that problem so fast. It appeared just like everything that comes in our lives, unexpected. It caught me off guard.

Of course as a junior turning senior college student I've been preparing myself for the jobs that are related to my course. But, I never thought much of it since it just felt so far ahead. Instead I just focused on what's in front of me... my internship.

I'm excited to actually be outside the school, training, and having an experience. After, three years of learning, I'll finally undergo the real deal.

But the opportunity of having a course-related job (yes, real job that'll give me money), it's not something for me to be excited about.

This Wednesday, my professor liked the paper work I submitted to him that he hated me for it. He hated me for being able to write such article. And because he hated my talent, he asked me to give him my bio data next meeting, which is on Monday. He said that he'll get me a job that will put my writing skill into use.

I got to admit that that professor of mine, although he usually gets on my nerves because he's annoying, have talent when it comes to writing. He worked as a writer for I don't know how long but I believe long enough to achieve professionalism.

Because he's in that career, and he had worked at several well-know publishing companies, I'm pretty sure that the job he offered me will be a great opportunity for me and my career.

That leaves me to why I considered 'career' as a problem. Well, this opportunity is without a doubt a great blessing. But because it came too unexpected it made me feel anxious.

I'm having an internship next semester. And in spite of the fact that I'm excited, I'm also feeling nervous because it will be my first time. I'm having doubts if I'll be capable of undergoing the training. Having the opportunity my professor gave me added a truck of nervous to the nervousness I feel. Right now, I'm panicking.

I don't want to lose the chance my professor offered me equally I don't think I'm ready to handle two responsibilities at the same time. My career is at sake.

Which is what made me have problems with 'career'. Career isn't something kids, teenagers deal with (unless they're public figure) it's something adults deal with. And now I have to... and it made me feel change.

But no matter how much I want to avoid it I know I had to decide soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment